Welcome to Newspapers in Educationat The Oklahoman
Our aim is to promote a more knowledgeable, responsible and capable Oklahoma citizenship; we are committed to promoting civic engagement and civic literacy in Oklahoma classrooms.
Since 1960, The Oklahoman has partnered with individuals and businesses to provide teachers and students with educational resources through Newspapers in Education (NIE). Over 195,000 students across the state rely on non-fiction supplementary resources to complement lesson plans throughout the school year.
TEACHERS GAIN ACCESS TO
- The Oklahoman’s Print Replica
- The Oklahoman’s Digital Archives
- Award winning, Oklahoma Centric Supplemental Curriculum
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Statewide student contests
- Grant monies and school supplies for classrooms