Oklahoma Rocks! A Day in the Life
Oklahoma Rocks! A Day in the Life Student Poster
Oklahoma Rocks! Lesson 1 – Careers; Handout: Geoscience Careers
Oklahoma Rocks! Lesson 2 – Career Pathway
Oklahoma Rocks! Lesson 3 – Problem Solving in the Field
Oklahoma Rocks! Lesson 4 – Conducting an Experiment
Have your students submit their final project (outlined in Lesson 6) for a chance to win a $250 Visa Gift Card! And if they win, you win a $500 Visa Gift Card! USE THE FORM AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE!
OERB is a great resource for all things geoscience education. Here are some of the great things they have available to teachers in Oklahoma:
- PetroTech: Technical training program at Francis Tuttle and Tulsa Tech
- Petroleum Scholars: Scholarship program-application open from Nov 1-March 1
- Petro Pros: Volunteer speakers bureau-can specifically request a Geologist or someone in Geosciences
- OERB K-12 Curriculum/Teacher Workshops
- Virtual Field Trips: Video series filmed in Oklahoma.
The OU Pick and Hammer Club’s commitment to service focuses on bringing their love for geology and science to the community. By visiting classrooms, participating in community events, and developing their own teaching tools and events, the Pick and Hammer Club hopes to inspire the next generation of young scientists.
To invite the Pick and Hammer Club to your event or classroom please CLICK HERE.